Saturday, February 6, 2010

10th in Canmore WC classic sprint

Quick report from today's WC classic sprint in Canmore.

Perfect conditions! The sun was actually hot on my back today! Didn't ski super well in the qualifying round but managed 22nd place and advanced to the quarters. Skied better in the 1st round and made it through to the semi's as a lucky loser. Unfortunately I took myself out on the 1st corner and wasn't able to make the A final. Final place was 10th.

First time in the semi's in a real World Cup (7th place in China in '07 doesn't really count b/c it wasn't a full field). Good boost of confidence for next week!

Finished off the day by helping out my good friend Chandra Crawford with a Fast & Female event on Main St. They dumped 50 truckloads of man-made snow on the main strip and we skied with over 80 girls. Inspiration galore! We warmed up with Zuma dancing to African Drums. My boot buddies sounded like tap shoes!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment