Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Joining the team in Park City

After spending most of the summer in Alaska, I have just traveled down to Park City, Utah to join the rest of the 2008 US Cross-country Ski Team for a training and team cohesion camp.

Day one was fast and furious with treadmill testing at the ski team strength facility. While skate rollerskiing on a giant treadmill, the sports science staff was able to measure oxygen intake and blood lactate values to monitor changes in fitness. Preliminary results-- I'm in good shape! The testing took a while to complete, so I pushed my second daily workout back to 8:30pm. By the time I finished a solid L3 workout with coach Justin Wadsworth, it was dark!

Day two was a little bit easier to let the body recover from the travel and the testing. I had a good recovery DP session with Lindsey Dehlin and will spend the rest of the afternoon resting up for tomorrow's double session.